Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1.24.2012 Kaila Beth Lance John

What or who do I have a great respect for? The deep feeling I have is for doctors, nurses, or any employee or volunteer in the medical field. Featured this week is a friend that works in Interventional Radiology at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Kaila Recker, www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=12460231&sk=wall works in that department, and maybe more importantly she studied Pre-med at The Ohio State University and lives nearby. I might be a bit partial towards people who went to my alma mater, but Kaila went high school at Ottawa Glandorf which takes merely ten minutes northward of my HS, Columbus Grove. Before I get too far here is an ad slogan liked and found on her page:

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly.
AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."
-NIKE ad

Many Nike ads are motivational and are pertinent to many individuals, and this one requires a little thought but is no different. In essence it touches the point of not listening to naysayers who mistakenly think they know what you cannot do. Only an individual knows what they can/cannot do, and even you cannot be sure without relentlessly pushing forward or trying to complete whatever you are attempting. Before talking more about Kaila Recker, I see it necessary to let you know why you have not seen me post any messages to this group in awhile.

The best way I think I can improve peoples’ lives is through writing a self help/autobiographical book. Swapping many email messages back and forth with a professional editor is being done, and I cannot type that well. Therefore it seems rather insignificant to say it is very time consuming. Within a month from now I plan to have the manuscript complete. I need help with finding a publisher and marketer for my work. If none are found and suggestions aren’t emailed to me away from Facebook at matt@mattschroeder.org, I have not ruled out self publishing, but right now that is a last resort. Last resorts often become reality and should not be dismissed as options.

Okay Miss Recker also worked at The Ohio State University Medical Center, obviously I’m fond of that place, but many people like Beth Schnipke (www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=30120498) are too. Beth is a therapist at Atrium Medical Center in Franklin, Ohio although she is from Delphos.

Let’s not get sidetracked there was another quote on Kaila Recker’s pace that seemed essential to share:

"If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell."
-Lance Armstrong


That’s an interesting saying but I’m not so sure we can all learn from kids ignoring odds, because young children (we’re all children but I mean one or two year olds) do not have the ability to ignore percentages; they have no ability to recognize these. Regardless of what you may think of Mr. Armstrong, what he says makes sense.

The fact that Kaila’s profile contains these quotes, and her profession in general, makes her someone I’d like to meet. My last quote is one of my personal favorites:


"Self-pity is easily the most destructive of the non-pharmaceutical narcotics; it is addictive, gives momentary pleasure and separates the victim from reality."
John W. Gardner

When a feeling sorrow is had for and by you, that’s a slippery slope and it impedes progress.

I need to get busy on my book and I likely wont get to another message for several weeks, but I will be back. In the meantime please add your friends to this group and share this message.

~Matt~ Failure is the first step to success. Think about that one.
The Rest is Up To You

No comments: