Thursday, October 20, 2011

10/20/2011 Tyler Mia Keirns

This week I have to how awesome it was to attend the Van Wert football game and visit with friends… some I’ve known for awhile (Dan Arend) and some just met. I scheduled a meeting with Tyler to try and motivate him, as he was in a devastating accident more than a year ago. The problem that I see is that he is feeling sorry for himself. This guy is but a sophomore in high school, he has all the guidance and support from his parents to recover from a devastating accident that left him in much the same situation that I was after my accident, but I feel he has accepted where he is in recovery as the way he is. Settling for less than the best you can do is something I’m not fond of, and I hope that all readers of this won’t settle either. Perhaps he will not be granted a miraculous recovery, but after meeting Tyler at the beginning of last school year, and conversing with him, I see myself about 13 years ago. It’s freaky. It’s no guarantee that Tyler or anybody will make a full recovery or reach the goals they set for themselves, but it never hurts to try either. You have to set high standards for yourself and work, with ferocious abandon to reach them, at least that’s what I think.

Tyler is a great person and all his relatives met are likewise. I sat by Mia Keirns,
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001592760946

, Tyler’s aunt was so much fun to talk with. Her daughter, Angela is an exquisite person, but maybe the most fun I had was wearing Mia’s hat. For the record her mother, also at the game, agreed that the hat looked better on me. Lol, ha-ha please though will all readers please friend request Mia, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001592760946? On to the quotes:

“Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control.”
~Richard Kline

I understand what Mr. Kline was trying to do here, but the way he said is wrong. A person who is confident that they will succeed at some task naturally is well prepared, but using the word “everything” when talking about what is beyond your control is completely false. In my situation prayer is huge part of preparing yourself for anything, and so is eating a well balanced meal and staying healthy (amongst other things.) Unless Richard Kline meant for all those things that each individual controls as being part of preparation then he has fallen off the wagon! You cannot prepare for the unforeseen roadblocks that hinder your progress. Let’s see what other world figures think about failure.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail." ~Nelson Mandela

I like to say that failure is the first step to success in your next trial, and that assimilates well with what Nelson Mandela says. Great success will follow many failures as long as you keep on keeping on.

“If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems. And that's a big mistake.” ~F. Wilezek

Its best I find to try reaching for better than what you need, and if you set a goal that are easily attained that’s not good either.

I’ve got one more quote, and it is a proverb. I want to let you know that I am praying for Tyler’s recovery everyday, and maybe it would be nice if you make him at least put forth a healthy effort and try himself before you help him. He has to believe in himself first before he can improve. If he can improve he has to WANT IT! On to the proverb:

"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials." ~Chinese proverb

Thank you so much for being my friend and reading this message. If you share this message with all your friends that would really be great. Can you also please add your friends to this Facebook group, "The Rest is Up to You” (www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_46959448480?)


~Matt~ Failure is the first step to success. Think about that one.
▒♥_______/)______./¯"""/')
▒♥¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)
www.mattschroeder.org

Have a good one, because I care!

No comments: