Thursday, October 27, 2011

10/27/2011 Kayla Gehle Abe Lincoln

I try to be a very kind, respectful individual, and I am polite and use manners at most time. Traditionally I try not to get too tricky with vocabulary, and try not to make these messages too confusing. Rather I attempt to pick quotes that are easily understood so that I don’t get confused trying to describe them and even the youngest members of this large group can relate to them. I did say typically! I admittedly don’t know what the following quote would be an example of, but I feel comparing life to dancing would be an example of personification (I remember that from Junior High, but when I looked that term up on Google I found that personification is commonly used to mean anthropomorphism. Personification is remembered as; giving inanimate objects living or human characteristics. Dancing is not so inanimate though, and I guess somebody with an English degree can help me out and tell me what is used in the following:


“Always Dance, even if you feel as if you will fall, while you're dancing, you will learn how to fall gracefully and rise stronger and with more balance."
~Kayla Gehle, www.facebook.com/gehle.k

I am not that certain of where this Fort Recovery High school senior gathered this saying, but it seems rather unlikely to me that she formulated this on her own. I had an opportunity to speak to those high school students in grades nine through 12 at Fort Recovery on October 7th. Perhaps she did come up with the prestigious text by herself though, nothing is impossible (that I can promise you,) and I’ll simply discuss the content of this weeks first quote. I was particularly stoked initially, because bam, right, at the beginning it talks about dancing. I love to partake in dancing, even though everything except slow dancing probably looks hideous, but that doesn’t stop me from doing it. People judge me by the surface on occasion, like books are sometimes judged by their covers, and like the cover should not bring book sales down so people shouldn’t judge me by my herky-jerky fast dance regime. In the end though I know others’ perceptions about me are worth about as much as a quarter when buying snacks at a movie theatre (that pet peeve is another week,) and the perception I have about myself is all that matters when struggling with something. My advice is to stay positive and try harder in your next attempt.

Whew… back to the quote. I feel dancing is living in the above quote and fallings is the same as failing. Really I guess it’s not that difficult to understand. I have probably failed much more than many of you while learning to operate both arms similarly, walking talking and returning to nearly as normal as I was before December 6 of my senior year of high school. Some in my family would likely argue that normal was never a good description of me, because the entire Schroeder half of my relatives like to joke around and josh one another at all times. That asset of our family helps us both celebrate the good and cope with the bad times.

As always these are my opinions or views on things, and you are entitled to agree with them or dismiss them. That’s what makes us American. Nobody can make us do anything.

A Facebook friend recently said the following, and even though it was not directed at or about me or this group, it needs said again:

"I'm free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I'm free 'cause I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. "

Think about that, you are responsible for everything that you do! I am most definitely NOT encouraging you to break the law or behave stupidly if you think the rules are obnoxious, but I AM saying that it is your choice. Remember you experience joys of being safe and adhering to the laws, but you must be wiling to face the consequences for your actions. If you somehow manage to avoid repercussions for major infractions in this life then you will probably suffer in the next. God sees knows, and remembers all!

Let’s say you are suddenly in your most difficult class that you ever experienced in higher education, and it seems rather inconceivable that you will ever finish the course. That can be a flashback, the current situation, or a time to turn into Marty for some. I apologize if your name, a sibling’s, child or grandchild’s name happens to be Marty, because I’m talking about the movie, “Back to the Future,” and a time to talk about the future. By a personal standard the worst subject I ever took was English. I took an English 367 writing course in college with the terrible (and my entire class agreed with me) Dr. Werchan, and my hate of English stemming from elementary school was only strengthened. I had to grit my teeth but eventually got through it with hard work perseverance. The class, project, problem, or challenge that confronts you can be completed, but the blueprint to get by has to be personally drawn.

You have to buy into your own agenda and set your own goals. A parent, sibling, and/or rival may actually set the goal but you have to want to achieve the standard for yourself. If one is striving to reward somebody else, any effort to me seems worthless. I’m writing a book because that is what I want to do to help others tackle difficulty, because I want to do that. My personal goal is to write a book. I developed that idea on my own, and the book thing has been reinforced by several others. To consider and know my dislike for English class makes it hard to realize, but buying into the idea has already been done. I am a very dedicated person. It is getting done with hard work. I just need some help finding a publishing company to pick up my dream, and surely somebody in here knows people that can help with m project. If you do please message me away from facebook at matt@mattschroeder.org Thank you.

Another motive needs to be had, rather than for someone else, in order to feel the joys of winning (in anything including life.) Before closing for the week, there is one saying must be told. I found the following quote by a man with his face on Mt. Rushmore. The busts of four great presidents found on the side of a mountain are a remarkable site (especially at night,) but let’s get to the quote:


“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.”
~Abraham Lincoln

~Matt~ Failure is the first step to success. Think about that one.
▒♥_______/)______./¯"""/')
▒♥¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)
www.mattschroeder.org

No comments: