Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7/16/2008

This morning I travelled by foot a little over two miles. I walked the first mile, and the second mile I walked/ran. Now since my wreck I do not have a very smooth running gait. Really it looks rather shaky as I rumble down the road. I don't want to work my heart too hard, as I spent a few days in the hospital a few weeks ago for escalating blood pressure. I'm no supposed to work out real hard.
11 years ago I would have ran the full way... plus I surely would have went at least five miles. Life is certainly different post accident, but it's my life. The change in daily life practices doesn't end with different running gait, basketball shooting methods, or sports in general, but nearly everything has changed. I love my life though. People often ask me how I deal without being able to do what was simple stuff before my accident. I do not focus on anything I can't do, because there is so much I CAN do now that I couldn't before. Every time I give a speech I touch lives. I wouldn't be an inspirational or motivational speaker if I was never in the wreck. God's way is the BEST!!!

No comments: