Friday, July 15, 2011

7/14/2011 Lena Hunt

Sent to the group: May 15, 2011
Celebritize You, http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000089984912, is one that I’ve been sharing motivation with as of late, and we have spoken to each other briefly on skype. It’s too bad our connection became too weak to continue conversation. Celebritize You is the stage name, or so I’ll call it, for my friend Lena Hunt. She posted the following on this group’s wall, and I’d like to talk about it;

“People say they wish they knew what the future will bring. Yet you are creating your future right now whether you mean to or not.” ~Lena Hunt

This struck me as pertinent to this group, and I would like to embelish a little deeper. Please be advised that I think it is best for you to believe and/or practice whatever sort of beliefs or religion that you want, because my aim via this message, as usual, is not to vilify your religious beliefs. I may challenge you if we don’t see eye to eye or defame you if you ridicule others for their opinions, but never will I persecute you base on you religion. These messages are my opinion, and I hope that you have something that you do believe in. It’s nice knowing that your life has a purpose and reason even if we are always certain what it is.

People occasionally and mistakenly think that God is in total control of your life. Hear me out here please. I believe that the spirit with the ultimate force is God (a trinity in my belief- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,) but they do not control what you do. This group’s title explains it a little better: God is has the power to control you, but “The Rest is Up to You.” There is another, different, maybe better (but maybe not) way to explain what I mean, but I’ll let you be the judge.

As mentioned a couple of weeks ago I worked as a counselor at Camp Echoing Hills (www.campechoinghills.org) back in the summer of 2005. A song we sang was “Potter’s Hand,” as sung by the group Hillsong United. Here is the beginning part of the lyrics:

Beautiful Lord, Wonderful savior
I know for sure all of my days are held in your hands
Crafted into your perfect plans
That clearly says “my days” and not your days, and it talks about them being crafted into your perfect plan. When things are crafted that implies different ways to achieve the same means, and even yet this analysis seems a bit derailed. Then near the end of the song we have:

Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me.

This would be you asking the Lord to help you try to be like him. In essence Lena was right, and we have every right to shape our own lives. God know what will happen, but it remains a mystery to us.

Lena is involved with PR services, and you can read all about her here, lenahunt.com. I am intrigued to see what she can do to help me get the word out there, give more motivational/inspirational presentations and most importantly write an autobiography. Helping others gives you a great feeling when you do that for somebody. The following tells me that Lena has the same philosophy that I do about helping others.

“In this game called life, it's about reciprocating. Help one another.” ~Lena Hunt

On May 26 I spoke of John Michael Montgomery and his song, ‘Life’s A Dance.’ I proceeded to analyze the lyrics and the chorus:


Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go

That says nothing about reciprocating anything; it talks about life, though, and I’d love to alter what I feel about life. Life is a combination of what Mr. Montgomery says and what Lena Hunt says. To me life is a dance we learn as we go, but it sure is nice to help when others are in need.

I’m sorry this message was more lackluster than most, but I was swamped yesterday and it only gets worse on Friday. Have a great weekend.

A big thank you goes out to everybody who has joined this group recently: please add your friends to the group by going to the group wall (www.facebook.com/groups/46959448480) and clicking Add Friends to Group. Enter your friends’ names and click the add button. Special mentions go to Purvasha Jain, www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000921869192, Kara Sextro, www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1662468001, and Kayla Winner, http://www.facebook.com/kayla.winner, who just this week added friends to this group. Thanks and it’s much appreciated, but I don’t want to let people who have invited friends to the group formerly to feel unwelcomed. It just was not this week. Thanks or being in this group.

▒♥_______/)______./¯”””/’)
▒♥¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯¯¯¯’\_„„„„\)
~Matt~ Failure is the first step to success. Think about that one.

No comments: