Friday, July 1, 2011

Sent to the group: 6/29/2011

It's well worth the loading time wait & have your speakers on... it was made a couple of years ago, when the subject was on dialysis (this guy had his kidneys removed and a transplant after this video was made ) & imperfections are prevalent, but I found this particular video that it is fascinating :-). For the record this dudes kidney malfunctions were unrelated to his accident, but they have to do with genetics. He is soo lucky, but no seriously he is (to have friends like you.) The star of this short film is not an actor, model, or anything of the sort. He is just that good looking... LOL. I hear he is fairly darn witty and likes to laugh, too! Here is the video talked bout this week: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23082236/good%20video%201.wmv.
Wow that was very powerful, thanks for watching it with me, and the amazing thing is the goof resembles me, significantly. Maybe he is my twin or my doppelganger? I always wished that I had a twin brother, when I was growing up, to play basketball with and do other fun things with, but I never did so I know it must be the latter. We even have the same name. Hot dog, if I were you I’d most certainly get Matt to speak at the next upcoming event that you know of. This sharp looking speaker looks like he’d do a fantastic job at any multitude of events. Even though I had a lot of fun, growing up with neighbors (usually Tony,) classmates/friends, and my relatives it is still fun to finally find my doppelganger (we’ve all got one.) Ha-ha, here comes the obvious for I cannot tell a lie; it’s really me in that video… surprise, surprise (lol.)

Speaking of friends, many co-counselor friends were made when I worked as a volunteer at Camp Echoing Hills. Everyone knows that my singing voice is so eloquent so I’ll provide a link to one of the songs, Our God is an awesome God, we sang as a group when I was there, here: http://youtu.be/6RGcb7alSk0. Although I am a random person while I write these messages I was not just randomly writing about a song from camp without having an ulterior motive. First let me explain how working there one summer made a huge impact and difference in my life.

First I want to tell about some of my experiences as a counselor at camp and show you a video from the summer I worked there (2005) that is on my Youtube page, www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O8f0Zp3_Vs. You may not have seen in the video what it meant to me as a counselor, and I wanted to tell you. Those nine weeks, three of which were teenage camper weeks, I had an opportunity to give more than just money or physical labor to disabled campers. We impacted the lives of a new set of either disabled children or adults each week, for nine weeks. Giving up your physical gizmos/gadgets and helping those at camp physically, mentally, and/or spiritually was worth everything. I’ve been back for a wedding and another year just for one week. Hopefully campers still use what we showed them. The place helped me feel better, because I could tell after interacting with campers throughout the week that they felt more at ease. That definitely was not the case in all situations, though. Some of the mentally challenged individuals really gave positive or negative feedback, but you know that what you did for them was best in the long run.

When you are with a group of counselors at a Christian camp there is bound to be some bonding, and definitely that is what we did. Take nine weeks out of your summer and spend it with a group of around 50 people that try to run a nine different groups (six days each,) and you will form some quality friendships. There are way too many to name them all so I won’t even try, although there’s no doubt I could. Elizabeth Kitt went to Jimmy and Maria Mcnutt’a wedding with me, but I lost contact with her. Another wedding that I received a wedding invite to was Lauren Unger’s, http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=638565230&sk=wall. Then there was Josh Westover, http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=164901163&sk=wall, Ryan Law, http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=547203715&sk=wall, and Chad Smith, http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1067796097&ref=ts. I cannot forget Markias Littlejohn, http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=88200458, who was the spirit of God in the passion play where I was Peter and Westover was Jesus.

There are more guys, but I’ll mention Tasha Rouse, www.facebook.com/tashaleeministry, her ministry, www.tashaleeministry.com, and blog, www.healingdiabeteswith80-10-10.blogspot.com. Then there’s Tricia Wegman who was on the World Race, and Katee Battiste.

The reason camp was so fresh in my mind now is twofold. This past week I spoke with a very good friend of mine that I met at Camp Echoing Hills back in 2005, Dustin Lawson (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=666965024&sk=info.) He is a very good guy, and he said that he was going to meet me inn Findlay on Saturday.

The last quote, for this week was told to me by Danika Boever, www.facebook.com/NikeNikaMontanaRuthBoever. She’s a relatively new friend that gets around, and I don’t mean gets around like the two word phrase is commonly used to describe loose women that sleep around. That would be rude and false, as far as I know. She is a terrific person and friend that I am glad to know. The quote was commonly said nearly 30 years ago by a man she was never old enough to know truly:

“Live for today and see what tomorrow brings"
Danika’s grandfather (who died 27 years ago)

Thank you so much for being my friend. If you suggest your friends for me that would really be great. Can you also please invite your friends to join my Facebook group, "The Rest is Up to You” (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_46959448480?) Please share this message!


~Matt~ Failure is the first step to success. Think about that one.
▒♥_______/)______./¯"""/')
▒♥¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)
www.mattschroeder.org

No comments: