Friday, July 1, 2011

Sent to the group on: 6/23/2011

I for one am thrilled to watch America’s Got Talent on NBC, www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent, and since I cannot or will not continue to use that three letter middle word I will just refer to the show as AGT. Anyway, staying away from that “g” word comforts my Junior High English teachers back at St. Anthony’s. Even though Ann Recker and Ginny Schroeder no longer teach at my former school they might hear about this one way or another, and my fear is that they would make me take classes this summer, Lol, not really, but I had to pay respects to the parochial school and teachers that paved my way to now. My high school English teachers were really good too. I know for a fact that Delphos St. John’s HS appreciates Mrs. Elwer, too. She was my grades 9 and 11 English teacher at Columbus Grove.

Sorry for that lapse of focus. AGT is typically aired on Tuesday and Wednesday, and judges are Piers Morgan, Sharon Osborne, Howie Mandel, and the host is Nick Cannon. I always wanted to be on that show so reviewed last year’s competitors and was contemplating send Sharon a video. Ha-ha, maybe not.

I began searching the web for past AGT contestants. Here is Jackie Evancho's video submission for the AGT YouTube Audition from August 10, 2010: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0et5xcXvQns&feature=related.

Here is her first appearance on AGT that anybody who watched the show knows, www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d_XTvLalJk&NR=1.

Jackie has a very unusual capability to sing, and I’m not even an opera style music fan but enjoy listening to her. I just hope she doesn’t turn out like most of the stars do. When fame sets in, with most people, it spells bad news. She has a website where you can read about her if you want www.jackieevancho.com

This is Jackie Evancho, from Pittsburgh, PA singing the National Anthem at the 2010 Pirates Home Opener against the Dodgers in front of over 39,000 people. She was the youngest singer to ever do this for the Pirates on opening day at the age of 9; www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxnQsjhNJc&NR=1

More recently Jackie was on the Jay Leno Show June 21, 2011. That was this Tuesday, and if you missed it you can watch it here: http://youtube/24S_HOwhxE8.


I saw a saying on the wall of Lauren Lynn Hartshorn, www.facebook.com/llhartshorn that meant a lot to me. I had a situation where I responded similarly when I was out with my sister (nearly 7 years ago) and she said she would be a basket case if she were in my situation. I more or less told her this:

“God won’t give you anything in life He doesn’t think you can’t handle.” -- Unknown

And I hope people realize that life won’t give you too much to handle. With hard work you can jump higher, run faster, score better, or succeed at anything.

Thank you so much for being my friend. If you suggest your friends for me that would really be great. Can you also please invite your friends to join my Facebook group, "The Rest is Up to You” (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_46959448480?) Please share this message!


~Matt~ Failure is the first step to success. Think about that one.
▒♥_______/)______./¯"""/')
▒♥¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)
www.mattschroeder.org

No comments: