Thursday, December 18, 2008

12/18/2008

The girls game at Paulding was canceled for tonight, and that is rather disappointing to me. True that I love watching basketball, but there is another reason why I am rather disappointed with the cancellation and really the forecast in general. Supposedly we are supposed to experience some winter weather tonight that could lead to treacherous travel conditions. Even though I feel discomfort for all the people out there braving it and taking the chance of making it to their destinations despite the hazardous roadways, there is yet a more substantial reason for concern. If a school day for Patrick Henry does not exist tomorrow (Friday) then my intriguing speaking opportunity shall be rescheduled to a later date yet to be determined. I spoke with Gregg (their principal) today and he assured me that we would in fact reschedule this if there is no school. If it is a one or two hour delay we will still proceed with the presentation, since it is scheduled for the afternoon. I am glad that I have an assurance of still speaking if it needs to be at a later date, but I would much rather perform tomorrow. We will see. Forecasts are typically inflated compared to what really happens, and they are no more than educated guesses (hypothesises) by meteorologists. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: