Monday, December 22, 2008

12/22/2008

This morning I lost a game of cards very badly to my dad, but it does not really matter what the score was. Like any game or sports contest the margin of victory is insignificant, and the only thing that is relevant is who won. Of course it is nicer, for bragging rights and/ or talking smack, to win by a lot, but it does not affect your winning percentage any different. Tonight I am having some family and friends over here to watch the Chicago and Green Bay Monday Night Football contest. It is the most storied matchup in the history of the National Football League (NFL.) This struggle can keep the playoff hopes alive for the Bears, but the scenario is dependent on Minnesota losing to the Giants and the Bears winning out. I am not a huge bears fan, in fact I would like to see the Vikings win the division, but everyone coming over tonight are huge Bears fans. Ironically I would like to see Matt Forte rip it up as a running back for Chicago. It is the last game in my fantasy football season, and I need 22.8 points from Mason Crosby and Matt Forte, combine, to win the points title. I made some poorer choices that helped contribute to my end of season demise, but hey that goes with the reason I love competition. Anything can happen!

No comments: