Tuesday, December 9, 2008

12/9/2008

I have a Christmas party at work today, which should be a blast. I am working on an intro for m speaking with Jeff. I am really excited about this! I also am getting excited about the opportunities that are presenting themselves. I confirmed a date for speaking to the Findlay girls basketball team last night, and I made further contacts for Toledo Central Catholic high school. I had a great conversation with their basketball coaches. They were impressed and I too with the possibility to impact lives at the high school. I had a longer conversation with the junior varsity coach and assistant. The assistant was awed with me and expressed that it took him many more years to know about and understand life as much as I do. I am particularly excited to maybe speak there, because that would be a big step towards speaking across the nation. It starts with around Ohio, and Toledo is a noteworthy city. The feedback and contacts I would get there would be greatly beneficial toward reaching my goal. Goals are essential when trying to tackle anything. Start with small and manageable objectives, and take things step by step to get to where you want to be. I like the motto one step at a time, because all too often things become a mess when more than one thing is attempted at the same time or you stretch for extremities.

No comments: