Monday, June 23, 2008

6/23/2008

It's been a several days since I've posted and entry, but I think those vacant days are warranted for there was no computer access in my hospital room and I don't have a laptop. Lets back up to last week to know the scenario better. Last Thursday I went from my home in Columbus Grove, to a free kidney screening at Memorial Medical Park in Lima at about 1 :30. At the end of the screening I met with a physician to discuss some results. My blood pressure was way too high and an office call was made to my family doctor in Grove, and after driving back there he tried to bring it down but multiple efforts failed. I was sent back to the Emergency Room at St. Rita's in Lima. I went there and stayed there approximately 4 days and 3 nights. Many tests were run and drugs were taken. By the time I first got back to my family doctor I had a splitting headache, but I didn't get any pain medicine until intravenous was started at St. Rita's. Man that pain medicine is good stuff. Its like getting dunk instantly w/out drinking anything (not that I've ever been drunk :). Although its been a few years.
Ironically I see this whole blood pressure fiasco as a plus. Its better to find out now while I'm still young enough to take steps and medicine to fix it. Also I met some very interesting people!

No comments: