Wednesday, June 25, 2008

6/25/2008




Yesterday was an enlightening day for me, as I got to hold a friend's newborn baby. I like being around little ones, because they are like a clean pile of clay ready to be molded. The infant is so beautiful even though they know not the difference between hot and cold. Day or night, wet or dry, white or black... it doesn't make a difference what opposites I use to compare/ contrast. To show that it makes no difference, I'll even use multiply and divide, and they won't even hold meaning to the youngster until they become an adolescent. Little ones, although cute (all in their own way), are ready to mimic others, and your skills for being a teacher and role model are up and coming. Even though I most assuredly will not be a major stepping stone on the path to success for thins youngster, I was pleased with the new life. Thad and Krystal already have two young boys as children, and I'm sure they will eventually make worthy protectors of their sister. Krystal must be so happy having a girl, Devanie.
In other news my Dad is showing signs of improvement although his shoulder still causes much soreness. Dad was involved in a collision between bike and road several weeks ago breaking three ribs and his clavicle. Needless to say the road won the fight. I hope he is feeling better soon, because autumn isn't too far away anymore. With fall comes football, and its always fun to toss the crescent shaped cylinder around with him.

No comments: