Sunday, March 1, 2009

3/1/2009

It is here, and is it not ironic that this day also falls on a Sunday this year? March began today as the new week also did, and March, I now think, is my favorite month of the year. Although I tend to enjoy wintry weather (i.e. that also means basketball season exists,) my reason for picking this month as my favorite is strongly related. Have you ever heard the words March Madness? Even though the two words of the phrase both start with the letter "M" it does not infer it is a candy month (namely M&M's!) March Madness means it is basketball tournament time. I guess you could buy the chocolate covered candies that melt in your mouth not your hand at the concession stand during a break in the game, but that is not at all what I was thinking or do. Basketball is a real man's sport, and the tension is running high come this time of year. The result is win or go home, and often times there is a lot of hype surrounding predictions. I love it! My competitive spirit really exposes itself this time of year. Getting in my wreck really burdens me this time of year, because I really want to get on the floor and show them the right way to do it. That is because I miss playing the game, and I sort of relive my days in the sun by watching games. Some think that not physically being able to play and watching the game would punish me mentally, but it really has the opposite effect. It seams so rewarding to see the game I love and discuss strategies with peers also watching the game.

No comments: