Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3/4/2009

Well I gathered wood this morning anyhow, and I never got stuck. Yesterday I vowed to wait until later in the spring to use the trailer to gather wood, because I got stuck twice. I did not need Dad to help push today, as I kept he loaded lighter. They say you cannot teach an old dog (me- 29 is knocking on the "old" door,) but I figured out that making more trips with lesser amounts of wood is better than getting stuck. It was not really that tough of decision, and really I am shameful for not doing it yesterday. At least I gained useful knowledge from my past experiences. The so called knowledge might just be common sense, but it is still a good feeling knowing that you have learned from your mistakes. Altering your action because of previously made errors is the essence of leading a positive life. After stacking the wood closer to our shed I made a trip hauling five larger logs that still need split. There are still many more out there, in the woods, that need split, but it is just more logical to me to take it slowly.
Tonight I am going to two sectional high school basketball games at Bluffton high school, and the Columbus Grove Bulldogs take the stage in the latter game. It is a split session, but I bought a ticket for each. That is because I love basketball, especially when the tension is escalated come tournament time.

No comments: