Monday, February 16, 2009

2/16/2009

So far today not a bunch of important things have been accomplished. However I did gather wood for only about 45 minutes via wheelbarrow. I slept rather poorly last evening, because I hit the sack about 9:30 last evening. I am not really certain why I hit the hay then either. I made several contacts as I had a grand ole time at the NASCAR extravaganza, and even though the race ended short after the rain began to pour down like buckets at the speedway. The driver I had was in the major crash involving like a dozen cars. Later last evening about 20 minutes after I laid down my cell phone rang. I was at a stage of rest where I was really unknown of any happenings in my surroundings. I was in la la land to say it bluntly, but I heard the ring and seemingly thought it was a dream. As it chimed in the second time, as I had my ringer volume set to low on my cellular phone, I unknowingly heard it and knew that it was in real time. Boy am I glad I was not in deep sleep yet and answered it. My friend Gerry, who now lives in South Carolina, called and explained how he looked at my site, www.mattschroeder.org, and shared it with a deathly ill man who was moved by my story. That makes me very happy when I help someone cope with and accept what has happened to them, it is like winning the lottery too me. It gives a sense of purpose to my life much like when I give talks at schools or churches (or anywhere for that matter!) That is why I do all of this, to make a difference in the lives of others!

No comments: