Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1/13/2009

Monday I felt hat the mega cold I had last week was over or at least subsided enough to get back to a little bit of vigorous exercise, and I very well seem to have been right. The only problem was that I tried making up for my recent lack of exercise. Because I cannot run for a very long distance, I used to be fond of going on a jog somewhat frequently (before my little car mishap,) I rode the stationary bicycle for about 35 minutes. That felt good to do a little exercise. I did get a little carried away with the whole ordeal, and ended up pushing myself really hard. I did cool down for the last couple of minutes and felt fine while on the bike we have (where the arms move back and forth in synchronization with the pedals,) but apparently I was going too hard. A couple of minutes after I was done I was just sitting at the computer. Nausea and dizziness hit me like a brick wall. I rushed to the bathroom, and by the time I got there I was dripping with sweat like a leaky faucet. I never did toss my cookies, but I sure did feel like it. I suffer from the inability to relax and exercise slowly and easily. Let’s just face the facts: I am no longer the teenager I used to be.
Today I have to run some errands before my shift at the hospital, which is earlier than normal, because there is a girls high school game against Paulding. That game is the one regular season match up that requires the farthest travel, and it was rescheduled for tonight due to a snow and ice postponement from a couple of weeks ago. I hope good weather prevails, because I love basketball.

No comments: