Friday, January 30, 2009

1/30/2009

I went bowling last night with the guys at South Gate Lanes in Bluffton. We used to go there every Thursday, like several years ago. Since my accident I am yet to bowl a score any greater than 133, and usually I am lucky to break a 100. I have not been bowling in ages, and the rust showed as four of my first five ball wound up in the gutter. I bowled a measly 68 the first game, and I would have benefited greatly if the rails rails would have been put up alongside or they had some sort of bumper in the gutters. Later I broke a hundred with 108, and that was a typical game for me. I am not saying I was a stellar bowler previously, but I scored an occasional 200. Like everything seems to have changed sin that fateful day (12/6/97) so has bowling, but it is still loads of fun. That is all that matters when bowling. It was even more fun , because I made a new friend named Holly. She is from Defiance, but she attends Bluffton University. She seemed rather cool. Hopefully I will see her again at the bowling alley. Len drove last night, and the slippery roadways were a hazardous as far as possibility goes. I hope the basketball game between Ada and Columbus Grove happens. Ada is a good team, but I think Grove can hang with them. It will be interesting to see if my hometown Bulldogs have made adjustments after the Kalida loss.

No comments: