Saturday, January 31, 2009

1/31/2009

Last night the high school boys basketball game scheduled to be played at Columbus Grove was canceled, because they still had a Level 2 snow emergency in Hardin County. That is where Ada school is located, and if we would have had any other team, that we play this year, we probably would have entertained a home contest last night. Although it would have been nice to get that one in last night, it was probably a wise decision for Ada to call off the game. If playing it would have occurred there would have been many high school aged drivers on the road, and young drivers on less than good (icy) roads is not a good combination. It can spell disaster, and maybe it took me getting in an auto mishap to recognize that. I was a good driver...accidents happen. Of all things I could have done last night, it is no surprise that my actions involved sports.I went with some friends to a basketball game between Elida and Bath. The game was played at the latter school and it resulted rather lopsided, but I particularly was enthused for I met several contacts for the first time. I love to network when I go places, and that is what I did.

No comments: