Saturday, September 13, 2008

9/13/2008

My middle nephew, Grant who is currently two years old, is amazing. I marvel at the way he thinks and talks. I know that all kids go through that stage at some point in their development, but it really had me in awe this morning. Grant was up as I was eating a bowl of cereal, and he sat on my lap making cute remarks and repeating everything I said. The other boys, Andrew (4) and Nick (5 mos.), are each adorable in their own way, and I love them all the same. It really is hard to fathom that I was actually like that at one time. That is debatable, because it was sort of like twice. Sort of but not really. When I came out of my coma I had to relearn how to talk, walk, and just about everything again. The recovery was really indescribable, because I knew how to do things but they were yet physically impossible. Looking at the broad picture I did have to learn to talk, but it was not like Grant. It sure felt, at that time, to be a very long recovery time, but hindsight tells me it really wasn't that long. The worse part was remembering doing various things but not yet being able to do them.

No comments: