Monday, September 22, 2008

9/22/2008

Typically Mondays are not that rough for me, as the common perception says they are for many people, but today is a little different since I have a cold. I am definitely an unique individual. Whereas most like to sleep in until noon after a rough night, I cannot even fathom what it would be like to sleep that long. I am an early riser no matter what time I hit the hay. Rather disappointing, however, it feels after you are out until like 2:00 A.M. and then your biological clock tells you to get up at the butt crack of dawn (7:00 A.M.). Like finding fossil in your backyard it is rare for me to sleep greater than five hours at any given time. When I stay somewhere else that is foreign to me, no matter how nice the settings are, it is usually worse. For instance staying in Huron, at the Sawmill Creek resort for the catholic conference, was a weekend filled with little sleep. The accommodations and lodging were fantastic at the resort, I would recommend it to anybody, and my schedule was full of various festivities. But although the setting was extraordinarily nice it was an unfamiliar scene, and thus I did not sleep more than three hours on each of the first two nights, but the days were so exciting that there was no time to feel tired. By the third night apparently I was feeling more comfortable with my room, because a whopping four hours of sleep was had. It was a fun weekend. The reason I am explaining this is to show what feeling under the weather is all about. I slept nearly seven hours last night, ate breakfast, and as I type this I am nearly falling asleep.
I guess it is time to lay down again. Have a good day.

No comments: