Tuesday, September 2, 2008

9/2/2008

Last night there was some college football on television, and when you no longer have the balance to play sports nothing beats watching them. And a football game is enjoyable to see regardless of which two teams are doing battle. Usually when it is two teams that I feel indifferent about battling my hope is that the underdog wins. Underdogs are determined by the public, and public opinion is insignificant. When you are attempting to achieve some task yourself, is mainly when other peoples' opinions are irrelevant. When I was in my wreck over 10 years ago popular opinion was that I would not even live, and then I was told to my face that I would never walk. When that was told to me I was 18 and stubborn as an ox, and the last thing I was going to do was accept others' opinions as fact. Ten years post wreck I am still stubborn as a mule, but I can run, walk, talk (a lot), and drive. That is why I cheer for the underdog I guess. The least favored to win can still experience success no matter which outcome prevails. That is why I like to see the underdog win when impartiality is felt between two or more opposing counterparts, because my life was not the favorite to succeed after December 6, 1997. But I keep on keeping on!!!

No comments: