Thursday, September 25, 2008

9/25/2008

Thursdays are typically kind of slow for me during the day, but they typically pick up in the evening hours. Tonight is no different, besides the fact that every single day is maybe a little bit better than the day before, and I'll more than likely will head to Findlay tonight. Some people just cannot figure out why I am so upbeat and happy so much. I can sort of see how somebody could view my situation that way, but I don't fall in that way of thinking. Sure it is sometimes nice to reminisce the past with friends about happy times, and occasionally looking toward the future is nice, too. That is especially relevant when planning a vacation or preparing for an unforeseen catastrophe with a first aid kit. The same is true when preparing your car and including jumper cables. Reminiscing or thinking too far ahead is a waste of time. We live in the now, and the present is what you should be living to your potential. I will likely head to Brian's to play pool and then later we'll head to the sports bar to watch USC's unusual Thursday night college football game. That game does not start until 9:00 so I'll be home late. It's funny that I still enjoy shooting billiards with Brian, because he dominates me at shooting eight-ball. He does not ever let up, and I would not appreciate him if he did, but Brian usually wins no problem. Why do I enjoy losing so much you ask? I do not like losing anything, but I view each game as a game I am going to win. I am an optimist and although it is a rarity I do win sometimes, but I always seek improvement. I try my hardest and do improve, so in essence I win most games..... don't ask Brian about that though. He might not agree:)!!!

No comments: