Thursday, September 18, 2008

9/19/2008

What is typically a good Friday night event to encompass each fall? High school football is the simple answer! Tonight I am doing family stuff though. High school athletics in general are fun to watch, and anybody who knows anything about me knows that competition fills the core of my being. The pinnacle of competition is evident in amateur athletics. That is because no one team is so dominant or pathetic, when compared to another in similar sized (as far as the number of students go) high school, that an upset or victory beyond the realm of occurring. The team members are not all perfect specimens of ability level, and it comes down to more of a coaching strategy. I'm not saying that upsets on a more professional level are inconceivable, because they do happen. But from my experience viewing I feel much more confident rooting for the win less high school football team than a team without a victory from the professional echelon.
Football on the college or pro level is my favorite to watch, but nothing beats high school basketball.
When speaking of NFL football, a game never passes that does not have some sort of fantasy football implication. Fantasy football is very popular in these United States, and t is also a game of enjoyment amongst my friends. Like I do not like to sit on my duff and let time pass bye in any aspect of my life, the same can be said of my fantasy football experience. I am always wheeling and dealing or picking up players to try assembling a winner.

No comments: