Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9/16/2008

My how things can change, both with and beyond a person's control, in an instant. Sometimes hard work or lack thereof can effect things positively or negatively, respectively. Other times hard work does not result in success of what you are trying to do, by I''ll argue that you are a winner every time as long as you put forth your best effort. Now you may not ultimately win the game, match, or your goal is not attained, but you should feel the satisfaction of trying your hardest and experience the best that you are supposed to on that given day. Therefore coming out on the losing end of something can be a victory. I know that competition drives many people (including me) and it feels good to do better than the opponent(s), but things can be just as rewarding and beneficial even without coming out on top. The public automatically views the mentioned team as the loser, in actuality they did lose, but deep down they can still be a winner as long as they tried and learn from their experience. And I'm not talking about tee ball, where there is no score kept, because I feel I take all actions to be competitive.
Other actions are beyond individual control. For instance as of last night my sister and three nephews were scheduled to arrive here this morning due to lack of power at their home in Cincinnati, but two hours ago she called and canceled. The power was restored overnight even though power outage was expected until Saturday. That is both good and bad. They were just here this past weekend so they are not missed that much yet, but it is always a great time seeing my nephews. guess I am happy for them, because now they can return to living normally again!

No comments: