Friday, September 26, 2008

9/26/2008

Last night was great! Before we watched the University of Southern California, currently ranked number one in the country, lose to a not ranked Oregon State team we went to Uncle Bucks to play cornhole and socialize a little bit. Actually I turned out to be as bad at that game as I am pool, because balance was the biggest issue. At this bar where you throw is in loose stone, and you step over a large wooden border onto a flat greenish surface to toss the been bag towards the target (while attempting to land the bag on top of the wood plank.) Actually there is a small circular opening where you are supposed to try landing the bag, and this game is definitely not foreign to me but the setting was. Or at least that is what I attribute my lack of competitive play to. Like most anything in my life these last 11 years, since my tragic car wreck, it seems to be harder, but those are the cards I've been dealt and I'm playing with them. Life goes on. There I saw my friend Katy. We had a good lengthy chat that ended with tears on her end, but she insisted they were tears of joy. Afterward Brian and I headed to TKO's, which is a new wing and things sports bar across the drive from BW3. The food there is impeccable when compared to any similar bar I have ever been to. We met our friend Mike there. Jen was the hostess when we arrived. And when she left Ashley took over. Now she is the niece of Jerry and Connie, who are in my church, and I know their family very well. They are the parents of Brad and Michelle each of whom I know from basketball at Columbus Grove. I actually recall seeing Ashley at one of Michelle's high school games several years ago. The memory is faint, but Ashley remembered seeing me there, too. It is rather odd for anyone to forget me if we've met. And I'm not saying that in conceitedness at all, because when people meet me 99% of them do not forget. My dialect and gate are slightly abnormal, and I've got a miracle of a story to tell. Let's put it this way: if you don't believe in miracles after knowing me something may be wrong with your perception on life! Hopefully I'll make it to TKO's again to see them in the near future.

No comments: