Wednesday, November 12, 2008

11/12/2008

Wow... I think that the cold is here to stay. It is not an overbearing frigid cold, at least not yet, but it is cold enough to require a winter coat. The short sleeve or shorts day appear to be over for this winter. I like wearing shorts year round, at least indoors. I suppose that could still be done if I were to stay in the basement, but that is not feasible. We do have an outdoor wood burning furnace that circulates hot water into our basement, and with a blower hot air is spread throughout he house. I like burning wood even though it requires labor to cut down trees. On occasion, when the tree is too thick, we are forced to split the wood, and that soon becomes taxing since we do not own a wood splitter. Correction we do not own an electric or gas powered device to separate the wood. Instead we use a maul and wedges, and that takes some time. It is worth it though, because warmth from wood burning is the ultimate. It is very economical too, because less propane is needed to keep it warm. Whether it is due to my taking of blood pressure medication or some other reason is not known, but I am extraordinarily cold this year. I feel the need to wear long pants and sleeves all the time. In fact I will soon maneuver myself to the basement for a quick warm up!

No comments: