Saturday, November 22, 2008

11/22/2008

It is the Saturday before Thanksgiving and that means two things for sure. The main event clearly is the football game between The Ohio State University versus the University of Michigan football game. Being a huge Buckeye it means this is a day of massive festivities. It starts out with me going to Frickers to hang with Brian and his crew of Findlay friends. The people Brian hangs around have become my friends too, over time. I feel that even if Brian was not going to be there today that I would venture that way, because it has been done before when he was out of town on business. It is tradition, and we would not want to mess with that. Once a recurring event happens more than two consecutive years it becomes a tradition in my book. Oddly enough I am not drinking beer today (because of my blood pressure problems) and that is breaking tradition, and I am also not crashing at Brian's tonight which is a traditional event. That is because I am driving home. We'll see how doing things differently goes, and oh well traditions are made to be broken anyway. I am attending a Schroeder thanksgiving party at my uncle Wayne's house. I'm guessing that Ohio State wins against arch rival Michigan today by a score of 34-10, but anything is possible I guess. That is why they play the game.

No comments: