Tuesday, November 4, 2008

11/4/2008

Today is election day, but going to vote is only a minor piece of my day. Don't get me wrong now, I have voted on every opportunity I've had since turning 18 years old. On occasion I go up town to stand in line to vote in the early morning, before voting actually begins. That is unnecessary, and this morning I will likely go up to vote just before I go to volunteer. When I get to the hospital I have to call Ashley and Curt. Both of those phone calls have me excited. Ashley is someone I have known for a little while now, and we are going to figure out a time we can hang out sometime. And odds are that my Ashley time will not be this Friday evening, because my second phone call will in all likelihood involve plans for that night. Curt spoke to me Sunday about quite possibly going to the High School football playoff game between Pandora and Ada. That game is scheduled to be played at Bath. I also will probably see Jim at some point. Then I volunteer but am lined up to leave early so I can make a Knights of Columbus meeting. Typically those meetings entail cards afterwards, but everybody may want get home early to see election results come in. True they will not change whether we watch them or not, nut it is always fun to see. The best thing about the elections happening today is that it will temporarily the political jargon on television and radio!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt, I met you at the hospital today(remember, "Where are the restrooms?"). I watched your video and read your story. I just want you to know that you are an amazing person and you have a very powerful message to share. Thanks for sharing it with me. It will help me get through nursing school, which is very challenging. Good luck in all you do.