Saturday, November 29, 2008

11/29/2008

Keeping clock for the Columbus Grove girls basketball scrimmage as well worth my time to me, because it gave me a chance to see the team an initial time before the regular season commences next Tuesday. They are supposed to field a darn good team, but that was before our key big post player who recently broke a bone in her ankle. She informed me today that she may need surgery, and she will be out until at least January, maybe longer. I think we will still be good without her, but we just cannot reach our potential without her. We may never reach our best possible ability level anyway, as nothing is for certain, but I feel if the coach does a good job then we will be pretty good. I desperately wish I could light a fire under the team, but Chad emphatically said that he doesn't want me to talk to any of his players. Some concerned players were shouting instructions to their kids, and even that irritated Chad. Whatever. It is his team this year.

No comments: