Saturday, November 15, 2008

11/15/2008

Today was awesome, speaking to the Columbus Bishop Hartley varsity basketball team before their scrimmage over in Kalida this morning. Randy, their coach comes back to scrimmage his dad, Dick's team, sometime each season. I spoke, a good five minutes with the legendary coach (Dick) as well. Randy was a great ball player in his day (he looks like he is still in excellent shape-- he could likely outplay most high school players,) and he is doing a great job, from what I hear, coaching. He requested that I get his players in the right mindset toward basketball. I think I was successful in improving not only team morale but other facets of life, too. Hopefully the boys will be better suited toward facing the challenges of today's society. I only spoke for about 15 minutes or so, as the team arrived later than expected, and hopefully Randy thinks I did a good job. The team was very receptive, as that has never been a problem of mine. Everywhere I go to speak receive my audience is always very attentive and in tune with what I am saying.

No comments: