Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11/18/2008

Volunteering was exceptionally good today. I met many new friends and ate with Dawn. I did not see her in about a month I believe. Her and Doug are expecting a baby in February. That will be neat little happening I am sure. I volunteered as a greeter for the first couple of hours today, but then I moved back to the guest services desk (which is my main post.) I was honored to see Gary and Diane tonight. Although it is slightly sorrowful since his mother is deathly ill, but dying is not uncommon for those elderly people. Gary understands this, and he is just hope this does not turn into a long drawn out thing with lots of suffering. Maybe the best thing that happened to me was talking to Christy briefly right before before I left. I got to meet her friend Emily, too. They hopefully will be able to go listen to me speak at Pandora in a couple of weeks. After leaving the hospital, I went directly to a K of C meeting at my Church. As in most cases I played cards (solo) afterwords, and I turned out to be the big winner in our cluster of five guys. I only won slightly over a dollar, but it is a status thing about being the winner, at least to me it is. Win or lose solo is fun, because it is socially a grand thing to do.

No comments: