Sunday, October 12, 2008

10/12/2008

WOW last night was exciting. Of course it was fun seeing many relatives, from my mom's side, that I do not come in contact with near as frequently as the Schroeder side of the family, and it was great o see my cousin Chad get married to Bethany. It seems like they are such a good match for each other. Even though Chad informed me long ago that I would know most most of the people at the wedding, and the reception would be filled with people that I am related to, it was quite the opposite. At the reception hall is where I met possibly the nicest, prettiest, and most interesting person that I ever did meet. Her name is Abbie (SP?-- could be Abbey, Abby, or something else?), and she is friend of Bethany. She was very nice, and she did not seem taken aback by my dialect at all (although I am, but I am also one who likes to be critical of myself, constantly seeking improvement.) I'll be honest with you, it was her physical beauty that first caught my eye, but after getting to know her a little bit it became clear that her beauty was much deeper than her appearance. She lives and works in Chicago, although her hometown is Indianapolis, and I am yet intrigued from meeting her. I also met her father, Ace, who was given my contact info, also, and I really hope to have contact with them later. However, since Chad told me I would not be meeting new people I did not have my business cards with me, but contact info was scribbled on a napkin for each. I enjoy every opportunity to meet new people, make friends, and network, but last night was simply awesome. I was shocked to see a friend, Stephanie, who is the daughter of my former coworker, Bob. She is apparently dating one of my cousin Chad's friends.

No comments: