Saturday, October 25, 2008

10/25/2008

Today is the day Penn State plays THE Ohio State University in Columbus (which is somewhere Joe Paterno has never on in nine or ten tries,) and I am hoping that continual losing streak remains in tact. Originally I was going to maybe go to this game, but that was before Penn State became a notable title contender (now ranked number three in the nation with Ohio State ranked nine.) I still had every intention to get down there and maybe not even get a ticket and hang with newly established friends instead, but I am hoping we can make that work for the University of Michigan weekend instead. Michigan weekend is approximately three weeks into November. The fact that Joe Paterno has never won a game in Columbus, with more than several attempts is astonishing, given his legendary status for most wins by a college coach ever. Bobby Bowden is close though, and I cannot stand hm or his Florida State Seminole squad that continues to play a cake schedule year after year. Even though I would like to see Ohio State win (I am a Buckeye- OH...IO), if OSU is destined to not have a perfect ending to their season I would hope they take their loss this weekend. Losing to Penn State would be much easier to swallow than falling in defeat to Michigan. That is because I have so much respect for Joe Paterno as a person and wish him well, and I want to see him put Bowden in his place. Still, maybe it is a given since Ohio State is my Alma mater, GO BUCKEYES!

No comments: