Friday, October 31, 2008

10/31/2008

It is simply amazing how much last night felt like a Friday night I guess it is a prelude to basketball season, which is coming up here soon. Watching volleyball is really exciting once you get into it and fully understand what is going on behind the scene. I do not claim to know what the coaches were thinking or strategy last night for, either team, last night for either school, but like in basketball it sure is fun being a coach from the stands. Maybe that is just my sports, or competition, enthusiast mentality shining through. The schools that I watched were St. Henry versus Huron in the first game, and LCC played in the night cap but I did not stay for that one. As it turns out though LCC won the second match of the evening. I did not associate Huron as the place I went to in early September for the catholic retreat, but as discussing things with Frank afterwords, at Frickers, it dawned on me. Huron got out to a first game victory, but that success was short lived as St. Henry won the next three consecutive ones. However, I did get to meet several coaches and fans from both teams, and I do not want to sell short how it was wonderful meeting everyone. But the key contact hat I made was with Tony, their athletic director. I met Lynn afterward at Frickers, and I spoke to her at the University of Findlay prior to that in her occupational therapy course.

No comments: