Thursday, October 23, 2008

10/23/2008

My nephew Grant seems so determined to get his way. At times he may be labeled as stubborn, but he just likes things to be done his way. I can only hope that when he becomes more intelligent, older, and wiser that his perseverance stays constant. Memories from when I was two years old are nonexistent to me, except through a few pictures, but odds are that I was similar. Maintaining that stubborn like attitude will be critical towards Grant overcoming any obstacle hat stand in his way, overcoming any injury that may occur, or wing the big game. Everybody, in my opinion, should have that mentality to try at all costs. You cannot succeed if something is hard yet you do not even try. You may succeed I guess by luck, even the blind squirrel finds food (nut), but awaiting the improbable seems irresponsible. Those who say "I can" or "I can't" are usually right so you may as well try! If you fail yet tried your hardest... then I argue that you took the first step to success. Failure may be defined as the first step to success the next time. In sports losing is not only bad, but it can help you improve your game so you win your next game or match.

No comments: