Monday, October 20, 2008

10/20/2008

It's Monday morning, and the back of my right leg really hurts. It feels like my calf muscles are inflamed, and it hurt all day yesterday, too. Odds are efficient stretching was not done after exercising on the elliptical Saturday early evening. I went to Brian's place Saturday to watch football (starting with the Ohio State game.) After the Buckeyes dominated and before we went to BW's it was cold in the basement, and so I ran a bit on the elliptical to give me a warm up. The problem was that I'm not familiar at all with taking a leisurely stroll, and I have not been used to taking a gentle approach to working out. Therefore a furious 15 minute workout was done, because I did not want to work up a sweat (since we were going out) 30 minutes was not done. My frantic pace gave me a good energy burst, and I warmed up rather efficiently. Afterwards stretching was even done, but apparently I did not do a thorough job. Now is when the biggest consequence is felt. It does not really matter, ad I'll just have to work through it. I will do a workout on the exercise bike later today. I think that will not use my calf muscles very much. Riding bicycle usually works your hamstrings more, I think (and hop:-). I'll be sure to take it easy.

No comments: