Thursday, October 2, 2008

10/2/2008

Thursday evening was the night of the big NWC volleyball match between CG and LCC. The game was in Columbus Grove and it was the fullest I have seen the Columbus Grove gym in awhile. I do not think it was a sellout but seating was scarce. The match between Lima Central Catholic had both teams raise money to help raise awareness and to fight breast cancer. Both teams put a solid effort toward fighting cancer by raising significant funds. The Bulldogs sold more volleyballs, but the T-birds won the match rather convincingly (taking 3 of 4 games.) Ultimately both teams experienced great success by fighting cancer. They volleyed for a cure.
Before I went to the game I ate up at pizza 101 where I saw Todd, the CG boys high school basketball coach, and his family. They live in Ottoville but came to Grove toe eat before they went to he battle of two undefeated volleyball teams. I got to meet his wife, Carla, daughter, Becka, and son, but I forget his name. His daughter is four years old, and the son looks to be almost two. They were very cute! The best part about meeting him was that he told me I would likely have a chance to speak to the boys' team in November... before the season commences. Details about the talk and a date were not yet figured out, but the planning excites me. I am a sports enthusiast, as you know, but high school basketball is the greatest to me. Someday I would like to coach.

No comments: