Monday, October 27, 2008

10/27/2008

Today is the last Monday of October, and that does not mean a whole lot except:
1) Next Tuesday is the day of the election of our new president. I pray that we make a good choice (even though there is not much to choose from.) It will be a crazy day from a media standpoint, as critiques are done as election results come in. There are bound to be people happy and those outraged with the results. It will without a likely, I think, come down to a recount in many states, because the election will be too close. Both candidates will claim they won. I would not be surprised if the one declared the winner is not for a few weeks.
2) Next Wednesday I give a brief presentation to the Delphos Rotary Club. I hope to make some contacts that will serve as gateways and give me a chance to present to more high schools. It brings great satisfaction to impact lives. I am talking with a Hartley student, who I ironically met about a half year before I gave a presentation in the Columbus school, about my speech, and she is saying what I hope occurred. She says that I made a huge difference in her life and she hopes I get to more schools this year. A boy, who is also a sophomore at Hartley, expressed similar responses.
There obviously is a lot more going on in November, but I will get more to them as they occur.

No comments: