Saturday, October 4, 2008

10/4/2008

I got my solid five hours of sleep last night, which is becoming rather routine for me. Last night was different though. Different is when I have very vivid dreams. I think it all stems from my accident, as that was a changing milestone in my life, and the detailed dreams have only occurred twice before last night. The first dream I had: I was laying in my bed and my cousins and friends, Mark and Christine who did in fact visit me often after my accident, were standing at the foot of my bed talking to each other and pointing at me. I first try waving at them with my left then right hand, then try making a verbal hello to them, but all attempts at communication failed. I honestly tried moving my hands and I cannot. That was a freaky feeling. Secondly, years later comes dream number two: I was driving a car, I had no recognition of where I was besides behind the steering wheel, and I just see this pole coming at m. I try everything to try to escape collision, but as I was running out of options I just duck my head and cringe to lessen the impact effects. I woke up before ever making contact with the pole. After both of these first two dreams (similarly to last night's dream) I awoke in a frantic ad worried state of mind, sweating profusely, and I was all worked up. It takes a few seconds to realize it was merely a dream. My dream last night: I am just lying there and I feel this excruciating pain in my left thigh bone (femur), and as I was waking and jumping out of bed I could still feel the extreme soreness in my upper leg. As I was rapidly going to open my bedroom door and call for help I realized it was just a dream, and I needed to use the restroom anyways. All three of these dreams are believed to be a direct result from my accident, but since all three of them occurred just one time in the last ten years, they are not really that much of a problem. But maybe I have more of them that I am unaware of, because maybe that contributes to my inability to get a sound and restful evening of sleep.

No comments: